Better Workouts Tip: How to Add Workouts Manually to Apple Health
Published January 24, 2022
By Axel Rivera
Have you experienced any of the following?
- Gone for a run or walk and forgot to wear your Apple Watch
- Did a weight training session and forgot to start the workout
These scenarios are unacceptable for Apple Watch owners because we want to get credit for our hard work on the Fitness rings.
The following steps will help you input workouts manually using the Health app on your iPhone
It is as simple as this:
- Open the Health app on your iPhone and find the Browse tab
- Use the search bar at the top and type “Workouts”
- Select Workouts row
- Tap the Add Data button
Input Workout Data
You’ll now see a screen to where you can input the workout data.
- Select the Activity Type (i.e. running, hiking, cycling, etc.)
Enter the number of calories burnes
You can get a rough estimate of calories burned by multiplying total time spent exercising in minutes by 7.5 (i.e. 60 min x 7.5 = 450 calories). Remember this is purely an estimate.
- Enter the distance, you might have to estimate so do your best (may not apply to some activity types)
- Finally, enter the start and end time of the activity
That’s it… You’re done!
Will the manual data count towards your fitness goals?
Yes it will! This trick has saved me a few times when trying to close all my rings.
Have fun and no cheating! :-)